Body weight training is a sport that uses body weight to train muscles without tools. Examples of movements are push ups, squats, planks, lunges, and jumping jacks.
Bodyweight training or bodyweight exercise is a sport that is done using one’s own body weight as a means to train the strength of the muscles in the body. Usually, people will do this with the help of dumbbells or other heavy equipment. But with bodyweight training, you can exercise at home without tools. 2934b2f1dde3309a52ceccafef2eeeb1fa497ea1
Movement bodyweight training
There are several movements that can be done as bodyweight training, including:
1. Push ups
Push ups are one of the most common bodyweight training moves. Here are the moves.
- Lie on your stomach facing the floor, mattress, or other base
- Put your hands on your sides, shoulder level and legs straight
- Putting strength into your arms, slowly raise your body
- Position the foot resting on the tip of the big toe
- Raise your torso until your arms are straight
- After that, lower your body
- For beginners, the tired position can be bent so that it touches the floor to make it easier to do push ups
It’s best not to do push ups too fast or too slow. Maintain the tempo by paying attention to body position, including the head and neck.
Do as many reps as you can in one minute.
Squats are one of the bodyweight training movements that can train the knees, thighs and buttocks if done regularly. The squat is simple, but you need to do it in the right position.
Here’s a glimpse of the squat movements that you can try.
- Stand straight with your feet open at shoulder level
- Straighten your back and slowly bend your knees until they form an angle of approximately 90 degrees or as if you are sitting in a chair without a chair
- The position of the hands can be straightened forward
- Hold this position for a few seconds, then return to the starting position
Here’s how to do lunges as a bodyweight exercise:
- Stand in an upright position
- Step one foot forward.
- Then, bend your legs until they form an angle of approximately 90 ° at the same time
- Pay attention to the position of the back knee of the leg so that it remains straight when bent and the position of the front knee does not move beyond the tip of the foot.
- When the legs bend, the position of the body remains upright
- After that, return the leg to its original position and repeat this movement several times.
Planks are one of those tool-less exercises that can be done at home without any tools. You only need to provide a comfortable base whether it’s a mattress, carpet, or even directly on the floor. Here’s how to do a plank.
- Position the body like stomach
- Support your body with your upper arms and bend your elbows to a 90 degree position.
- Position the legs straight back while the feet rest on the tips of the toes.
- Face downward and relax your shoulders
- After getting a good and correct plank position, begin to train the muscles by holding the abdomen and pulling the navel area inward (the stomach looks like a little deflated)
- Make sure the position of the body is straight from head to toe
- Hold that position for 10 seconds, then release
- If you have successfully made the plank for 10 seconds, gradually increase the plank duration to 30, 45, or 60 seconds.
5. Jumping jacks
This is the step for doing jumping jacks.
Stand straight with your arms at your sides
Then, jump up and when jumping, keep your feet shoulder width apart
When jumping, pull your hands up above your head, then lower them when your feet are back to the surface.
Benefits of bodyweight training
There are many benefits that can be obtained from bodyweight training, including:
- Train muscles
Doing exercises using your own body weight, can help train the muscles in the body, especially the legs, back, hands, and stomach. This exercise will also help increase muscle mass, so that the body shape can look more ideal.
- Good for the heart
When doing bodyweight training, your heart rate will go up and train the muscles in your heart to work more optimally. This can keep your heart healthy in the long run.
- Makes the body easier to move
When the muscles in the body are trained, you will be fresher and easier to move. Your stamina, flexibility, speed, and coordination will be better, which will make you less likely to experience pain or injury due to stiff joints.
- Burn fat
Many types of exercise, including bodyweight training, will help you lose weight or maintain an ideal body weight by triggering fat burning.
- Prevent dangerous diseases
Bodyweight training will also help the body avoid various dangerous diseases. Apart from heart disease, this exercise is also considered to reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
Bodyweight training is one type of exercise that you can do without tools at home. This exercise promotes the use of body weight to exert tension or pressure on the muscles, so that they can be trained and at the same time trigger calorie burning.
Before doing any exercise using your own body weight, it’s a good idea to look at the proper tutorial from an expert or from the various channels available.